The Chief Steward will lead the team of kitchen porters to manage the overall cleanliness and hygiene of all kitchen areas whilst ensuring health and safety is maintained to the highest degree.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adequate clean crockery, cutlery and glass ware for service
- Ensure that the dishwashing machine is working properly i.e. is properly washing and sanitising the equipment that passes through it
- To report and follow up on any outstanding equipment maintenance issues.
- To report and follow up on any outstanding structural defects
- Ensure dishwasher temperature checks are carried out daily
- Remove wastage promptly all waste containers are cleaned as per the cleaning records
- Ensure that all areas in the kitchen are kept to the correct level of cleanliness and cleaning records are completed and correctly followed
- Ensure that all chemicals are treated with due care
- Adhere to Health, Safety and Hygiene regulations and legislation.
- Develop and implement an effective cleaning program which includes floors, bins, hoods/ducts, surfaces (ceilings, walls, table tops), drains and grease traps, and all equipment.
- Ensure that Cleaning records are completed daily and correctly followed.
- Train team to ensure adequate knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Carry out all relevant HR processes with all kitchen porters including reviews and absence management
Skills & Experience
- Experiencing of building and leading a team
- Excellent communication and control management
- Attention to detail, high standards and some who strives for excellence
- Reliability and 'can do' approach
What do we offer:
• A very competitive salary
• Enhanced holiday allowance after 5 years’ service
• Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and your friends and family
• Training and career opportunities
• Excellent employee facilities including dedicated restaurant
• A range of Accor Hotels Benefits
Apply now to be our new Chief Steward!