Up to £50,000 per annum
Arora is a large, privately owned group of companies with a portfolio of owner operated hotels, multi-let office investments and development sites. The group is responsible for a combined turnover of over £270m and assets valued above £1 billion.
We are looking for a Catergory Buyer - Group Purchasing.
The role of Category Buyer will be to support the Group Purchasing Department in delivery of agreed objectives in line with the procurement strategy. Providing a commercial procurement category management function for multiple categories of Arora Group expenditure as directed by the Head of Purchasing. To carry out day to day purchasing activities as well as participate in new site openings and refurbishment projects. To establish and maintain close working relationships with all key stakeholders and ensure all purchased products and services are fit for purpose.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all allocated categories are regularly reviewed, and that all price files and contracts are kept up to date
- To conduct tenders price comparison analysis for all categories and ensure best available price for product and services
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with key suppliers and business partners
- To be actively involved in company automatization projects, providing purchasing expertise in project management process
- To support operations with sourcing of new products and searching for alternative suppliers of goods and services
- To be a point of contact for operations in relations to categories management
- To ensure up to date supplier contract information is adequately stored and filed.
Skills & Experience
- Previous purchasing experience in a Hospitality Environment is essential
- Previous experience in new openings or refurbishment projects is desirable
- Excellent IT skills and having been exposed to procurement systems is desirable
- A good team player, who is comfortable in taking initiative and has a “can do” attitude
- Good analytical skills, and great attention to detail,
- Ability and confidence to interact with suppliers, and all levels of management within Arora
- Strong negotiation skills, and a thorough knowledge of contract management
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to set right priorities and willingness in taking initiative
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to successfully liaise with senior executives, suppliers and third parties, Ability to communicate effectively among multiple high profile stakeholders
- Driven individual who can manage multiple tasks and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- CIPS qualification preferred but not mandatory
- Full driving licence