We are currently looking for a qualified Management Accountant to join our Finance team at Arora Group head office based in Heathrow.
As a member of central finance management accounting team this role is responsible for preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries for their allocated companies. Comply with group’s accounting & statutory policies and ensure a rigorous financial control and reporting environment.
Management Accounting: Timely production of accurate management accounts for allocated group companies. Ensure full review of Trial balance. Maintain a monthly checklist of tasks completed and outstanding.
- Ensure all transactional bookkeeping is reviewed and checked for accuracy of accounts
- Ensure all journals are signed and reviewed prior to entering in the system to ensure correct nominal accounting
- Ensure month-end is fully completed by 10th working day
- Ensure that the debtors are reviewed, and any debtor balance over > 60 days are justifiable
- Creditor balances are reviewed prior to month-end every month
- Review and approve payroll journals if relevant and ensure its reconciled monthly to payroll system
- Balance sheet is reconciled every month and is a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities
- Prepare Management Accounts for several companies within the Group. These may vary depending on the business needs
- Should be able to produce financial statements each quarter and do a qualitative and quantitative review understating period movements
- Ensure intercompany balances are reconciled every month
- Prepare VAT returns
Financial Planning: Provide month-end packs & business forecasting to assist with management decision making.
- Ensure timely production of annual budgets and business plans for the entities
- Producing monthly management accounts with variance analysis
- Qualified CIMA, ACA or ACCA is a strong preference
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Excel & Word
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a preference
- Balance Sheet knowledge is a prerequisite
- Strong Communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills & Demonstrable Initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to deliver responsibilities with minimum supervision