Great Opportunity for experienced Management Accountant!
As a member of central finance management accounting team this role is responsible for preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries for their allocated companies. Comply with group’s accounting & statutory policies and ensure a rigorous financial control and reporting environment.
Management Accounting: Timely production of accurate management accounts for allocated group companies. Ensure full review of Trial balance. Maintain a monthly checklist of tasks completed and outstanding.
- Ensure all transactional bookkeeping is reviewed and checked for accuracy of accounts
- Ensure all journals are signed and reviewed prior to entering in the system to ensure correct nominal accounting
- Ensure month-end is fully completed by 10th working day
- Ensure that the debtors are reviewed, and any debtor balance over > 60 days are justifiable
- Creditor balances are reviewed prior to month-end every month
- Review and approve payroll journals if relevant and ensure its reconciled monthly to payroll system
- Balance sheet is reconciled every month and is a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities
- Prepare Management Accounts for several companies within the Group. These may vary depending on the business needs
Financial Planning: Provide month-end packs & business forecasting to assist with management decision making.
- Ensure timely production of annual budgets and business plans for the entities
- Producing monthly management accounts with variance analysis
- Prepare weekly cash forecast highlighting any issues that are apparent
- Prepare audit schedules for External Auditors. Deal with all auditor queries for the allocated entities as required
Business Partnering: Expected to work as a business partner with all functions and divisions as appropriate and liaise with key functional individuals to ensure up to date operational information is captured in the management accounts.
- Liaise with other functional managers to reflect the latest business changes impacting finance
- Work closely with financial processing team to ensure bookkeeping is accurate and timely
- Manage, train and mentor Assistant Management Accountants and Accounts Assistants as applicable
- Review the work done by Junior Accountants with a view of improving processes and enhance efficiency
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Experience in construction industry is advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft office products such as Excel & Word
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 or other well-known accounting systems is advantageous
- Balance Sheet knowledge is a pre-requisite
- Strong Communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills & Demonstrable Initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to deliver with minimum supervision