M&E - Events Manager
The Meetings and Events Manager will be responsible for ensuring a seamless service of communication between client and hotel, managing the full event and ensuring an exemplary standard of service is provided according to guest requirements and Hotel standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Welcome, Greet and Register conference organisers.
• To actively meet with conference organiser at regular intervals throughout the day to obtain feedback and check the event is running smoothly
• Coordinating with suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all events run smoothly;
• Liaise with event contractors, including exhibition builders, caterers, AV suppliers.
• Oversea the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently
• Responsible for the appearance of all back of house storage areas
• To hold and carryout handover with late/early shift host/Manager
• Work alongside the banqueting team to ensure all breaks and catering requirements are delivered on time and to the correct standard
• Provide advice and assistance to conference delegates during their visit including Business Centre facilities.
• Attend pre-con meetings and operations meetings where possible
• coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings;
• If working early, to inform client that a Late Shift Host/ Manager will be available for close of business.
• To inform client of their operational contact, where possible introduction to be given.
• To ensure all additional services that are required for clients are booked and supplied.
• Deal with all late bookings relating to the same day.
• To liaise between the client and the M&E banqueting team.
• Actively participate in promotional and publicity activities as and when requested.
• To regularly report any comments or problems with clients to the Meeting and Events Sales & Planning Manager and/or Revenue Manager.
• Ensure exemplary levels of guest service is consistently maintained.
• To maintain impeccable standards of appearance and grooming, wearing the company uniform and badges at all times.
• To be aware of fire procedures, the operation of firefighting equipment, and evacuation procedures.
• To assist with the rota for each month ensuring all events have coverage
• To work with the Meeting & Events Porters to ensure all stationary and M&E equipment is ordered in good time.
• To attend all required trainings as requested by your HOD or HR department.
• Work hours required dependent on each event
• Organise the department in the absence of the Meetings & Events Operations Manager
Skills & Experience
- Experience in similar position within hospitality related industry
- Experience with high volume events
- Basic numeracy skills
- Good command of spoken and written English