Meeting & Events Assistant Casual
£9.50 per hour
At InterContinental London – The O2 we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
As a Meeting & Events Assistant, you are responsible for setting up meeting rooms and ensuring all working areas are kept clean and tidy to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Meetings & Events Assistant will also be required to be able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Set up meeting and event rooms
- Serve food and drinks
- Ensure compliance of brand and operational standards
- Ensure the Conference and Banqueting areas are kept clean and tidy
- Ensure Refreshment breaks are served at the correct times
- Able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service etc.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about exceeding guest expectations
- Someone who is able to work in a fast paced working environment and remain calm under pressure
- Somone who is great at creating and maintaining positive and productive working relationships accross the business, communicating effectively in a range of situations
What do we offer:
Our Meetings & Events Assistant receives some excellent Company benefits:
- A very competitive hourly rate and variable service charge
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and friends and family including access to employee rates accross the IHG portfolio
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Uniform and Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Free Meals on shift
- Unrivalled Career Progression prospects
Apply now to be our new Meetings & Events Assistant!