Reception - Shift Leader
£21,900 per annum
The hotel reception shift leader is responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming and efficient service to all hotel guests, in line with the company’s key standards. As Reception Shift leader you are responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the shift and reception team.
• Supervising the rest of the reception team on duty
• Running a well organised shift to ensure guests receive the best service
• Responsible for control procedures on reception and the security of cash, keys and guest data.
• Driving sales/upselling at reception
• To undertake front of house duties, including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of the guests, to ensure an excellent customer service experience.
• To build a good rapport with all guests and try to resolve any complaints/issues in a timely manner with an effective and courteous manner.
• To be responsible for accurate guests billing
• To keep the presentation and ambience of the reception area guest ready at all times
• To undertake in general admin duties including emails, guest correspondence, and filing.
• To support switchboard with answering the telephones
• To support reservations with room/restaurant reservations
• To report any maintenance, breakages, cleanliness or system failures to the relevant manager
• To be responsible for the reception floats
• To undertake all training as required
• To adhere to fire and health and safety policies
Working Hours: 40 hours a week
Weekend and bank holiday working is required for this role.
• Competitive salary + Services Charge*
• 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
• Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels
• Valuable Training and Development opportunities
• Uniform and Complimentary Dry Cleaning
• Free meals when on shift
• Pension cover
• Staff Accommodation (subject to availability)
• Career Progression prospects
*Service charge is dependent on hours worked and sales performance and is not guaranteed.