Cluster Group, Conference & Events Executive
£26,725 per annum + generous benefits
We are looking for an Cluster Groups, Conferences & Events Excecutive to assist the Cluster Groups, Conferences & Events (GC&E) Manager oversee and manage all aspects (planning and sales) of the meetings and events diaries and the relevant team members across the cluster of hotels. As well as working to commercial targets and objectives, the role will also be pivotal in supporting the Groups, Conference and Events Sales office to actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales, plan events and provide guidance for operational excellence.
In addition to managing through team members, the role will also require the individual to personally be involved in actively taking and converting enquiries and planning events at 3 of our Gatwick hotels - Hilton London Gatwick, Sofitel London Gatwick and Arora Hotel Gatwick/Crawley.
Duties and responsibilities:
To assist the GC&E Manager manage the relevant teams and direct reports on a day to-day basis and ensuring regular tasks and reports are carried out.
To be the first point of contact for team members in relation to any team issues or support that may be required.
To be the first line of technical support to team members for software such as Opera PMS, OnQ and Delphi.
To support the GC&E Manager create a professional and motivating team environment where success is recognised, and poor performance is dealt with promptly and with any necessary support that is needed
To provide leadership and guidance to and team members
Engage with, communicate to, and support all other hotel departments.
Work with the GC&E Manager on team training and development and ensure that all available performance measurement tools and coaching methods are used on a timely basis.
Driving Sales & Conversion
- Work with the GC&E Manager in the preparation of the annual budget and revenue plans.
- Work with the GC&E Manager to review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel and manage the departments adherence to achieving that strategy.
- Manage customer relationships to ensure all sales opportunities are maximised, encourage repeat business, and promote the wider Arora collection of hotels.
- Team player with strong & positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm
- Willing to adapt and change styles as and when necessary
- Ability to adapt to a frequently changing market environment. Be proactive and able to “think outside of the box”
- Develops constructive relationships both within Arora Hotels and external clients and suppliers
- Fantastic communicator
What do we offer:
Our Groups, Conference & Events Exccutive will receive some excellent Company benefits:
- A very competitive salary + service charge
- 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels for you and friends and family
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Uniform and Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Free Meals on shift
- Tastecard Membership, County Mall VIP card, MERLIN ticket discounts and much more
- Unrivalled Career Progression prospects
Apply now to be our new Cluster Groups, Conference and Events Excecutive!