Meeting & Events Planning Executive
We treat our team like family and our guest like royalty!
At the InterContinental London – The O2, we are passionate about exploration and discovery.
Located on London’s vibrant Greenwich Peninsula, InterContinental London – The O2 is one of the most impressive conference venues in London. The hotel exposes breath-taking views of the river Thames and Canary Wharf and features 453 guest rooms and suites, luxury spa with indoor pool, destination restaurants and bars, Tea Salon and the glamorous Sky Bar called Eighteen with magnificent 360 degree views of the City of London. InterContinental London - The O2 features a 4,500 sqm purpose-built conference centre, including the UK’s largest pillar-free ballroom, complemented with a further 19 flexible spaces, both alfresco and indoor, providing the perfect canvas for any event. In addition to this, InterContinental London - The O2 will open a second ballroom in the second half of 2022, making it the most impressive conference venue in London.
We are now looking for a talented Meeting and Events Planning Executive to ensure that events have detailed function sheets and information is distributed in a timely manner.
What will you be doing?
- Liaising between the client and the relevant departments in case of any queries.
- Control the cash flow by checking the deposit payments of allocated bookings and collect payments on time.
- Ensure follow up calls are made to all Meeting & Events organisers ensuring their requirements were satisfactorily dealt with and any complaints are brought to a speedy conclusion with the support of the MICE Manager.
- Manage events once handed over from the Sales Team and ensure all information is compiled onto the function sheet.
- Keeping in close contact with all organizers, ensuring that all their requirements are accurately recorded using every opportunity to maximize sales.
Who we are looking for:
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand, and the Company.
- Hotel and large-scale events experience preferred.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate – Delphi/Salesforce systems preferred.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary
- 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and friends and family and access to IHG employee rate discounts
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Uniform and Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Free Meals on shift
- Pension cover
- Unrivalled Career Progeetings prospects
Apply now to be our new Meetings and Events Planning Executive and join our team!