Senior Meetings & Events Floor Manager
In the heart of Royal Greenwich, surrounded by historic landmarks and uniquely positioned on the River Thames, InterContinental® London – The O2 is a luxury hotel and a purpose built conference centre, featuring UK's largest pillar-free ballroom, accommodating over 3,000 guests. Discover 18 additional flexible meeting rooms, delivering the optimum environment to make your event a success. Furthermore, the hotel offers 453 luxurious bedrooms including 59 exclusive suites with panoramic views of the City, 5 destination inspired restaurants and bars including an 2019 Michelin-guided Peninsula Restaurant, a luxury Spa with indoor pools, a range of luxurious treatments and a 24 hour gym. Hotel guests can also enjoy direct access to the world famous entertainment venue - The O2 and the new ICON shopping outlet via a private walkway.
At InterContinental London – The O2 we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
What will I be doing?
Senior Meetings & Events Floor Manager is a key role inin ensuring that all conferences, meetings and group activities are coordinated and managed within client expectations.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations from and organisational perspective events operation.
- Ensure the smooth running of the operation on a daily basis and to brief all staff on what meetings, lunches and dinners are taking place
- Supporting Management of Department Operations and Inventories
- Ordering supplies for the department (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props, and other service equipment needs).
Who we are looking for:
- Experience in similar position within an M&E Operations
- Experience in supervising high volume Food & Beverage/Meetings & Events
- Someone who is passionate about exceeding guest expectations
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast paced working environment and remain calm under pressure
What do we offer:
Our Senior Meeting and Events Floor Mananger receives some excellent Company benefits:
- A very competitive salary and variable service charge
- 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and friends and family including access to employee rates accross the IHG portfolio
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Uniform and Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Free Meals on shift
- Unrivalled Career Progression prospects
Apply now to be our new Senior Meetings & Events Floor Manager!