Human Resources Manager
Competitive Salary + Bonus Scheme
As Human Resources Manager (Talent & Culture Manager), you'll be part of the hotels executive team. HR/Talent & Culture Manager will ensure our employees are enabled and empowered through HR programmes in our hotel. You’ll also promote a positive team culture while ensuring our colleagues deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the Sofitel brand to life.
Your day to day
Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Responsible for developing, implementing and administering recruitment programs
- Leverage various resources – internet, community organisations, local contact, print media, informal/formal networks, colleges, schools, trade associations – to directly and indirectly source talent
- Drive creation of our employee brand – promote the Company image to candidates and external service providers and ensure that the Company is represented in the most accurate and appropriate way to all candidates and personally drives the highest standards of ethical behaviour for all involved in recruiting process.
- Ensure culture and processes are in place for encouraging succession planning and internal development.
- Create and implement the hotel training plan ensuring it is adhered to and adapted as necessary to respond to business needs
- Ensure consistency in administering the annual and interim Performance Review process, ensuring 100% completion and follow up as necessary
- Lead management training initiatives whether delivery or liaising with external providers
- Assist with training delivery as and when required
- Encourage a coaching culture
Reward & Recognition
- Promote and drive awareness and usage of the company reward and recognition programmes and schemes
- Work with the Talent & Culture and Operations Director to conduct the annual salary review process and action any pay awards accurately whilst ensuring appropriate communication is given.
- Proactive promotion of all company benefits and discount schemes.
Policy, Process & Procedure
- Maintain and up-to-date and broad understanding of current and forthcoming employment law and case law
- Ensure employment law, contractual terms and conditions are adhered to and consistently applied
- Ensure that all procedures/best practise are efficient, effective and consistent as well as fitting the business
- Ensure that all policies, processes and procedures are adhered to by the Talent & Culture team and all managers
- Research and measure employee engagement – focus the Talent & Culture team to promote and manage the annual employee opinion survey, communicate the results and conduct accurate analysis
- Develop employee engagement and proposals and plans
- Embed employee engagement interventions
- Promote ‘Employer Brand’
- Develop and embed employee relations strategy, policy and practice
- Collective negotiation and consultation
- Performance culture
- Support and coach managers with any employee relation issues
- Manage disciplinary, grievance and appeals processes and procedures adhering to ACAS code of practice
- You are a true people’s person, with passion to delight our guest with amazing service
- You will have the ability to remain calm during difficult situations, in a very busy environment whilst managing multiple priorities
- You have a good working knowledge of HR and employment law
- You are a great leader and strive to develop and motivate the team
- Previous experience in a similar role and setting essential
What do we offer:
- A very competitive salary + Bonus Scheme
- 33 days paid holiday
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and friends and family including access to Accor team member travel programme
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Free Meals on shift
- Life Assurance and Pension cover
- Unrivalled career progression prospects
Apply now to be our new HR/Talent & Culture Manager!